About this time of year we begin getting requests for help developing topics for papers. While we have several different resources that can be helpful, one that I like to show first is BNA. BNA (now Bloomberg BNA) produces a number of daily and weekly reports on cutting edge topics in a variety of areas of the law. These publications are a great place to go to find recent court cases or legislation in areas such as bankruptcy, employment discrimination, health law, and white collar crime to name a few. Another popular BNA resource is United States Law Week, which has a feature detailing recent circuit splits. Email alerts are available for many BNA resources so you can keep up to date with what’s going on. A list (with links) to all the BNA material the law library subscribes to is available here.
Tagsawards baseball Bloomberg Law budget cali Casemaker construction e-resources exhibit faculty research Fastcase final exams finals foreign law free funny google Hein Hunter Law Library ineffective assitance of counsel Inns of Court international law jobs legal research legal writing legislative history Lexis libguides Lincoln Loislaw low-cost no-nos rankings scanners SCOTUS SSRN stats Summer research tips & advice treatises u.s. code U.S. Constitution U.S. history Utah Westlaw
- Utah Supreme Court issues opinions on evidentiary privileges and ineffective assistance of counsel
- Utah Court of Appeals holds exclusionary rule does not apply in child welfare cases, that claim preclusion applies in civil stalking cases and issues six other decisions
- 10th Circuit panel finds no ineffective assistance when a futile argument is not made
- Utah Supreme Court holds premature notices of appeal do not divest district courts of jurisdiction
- Two domestic relations cases handed down today by the Utah Court of Appeals