From to time to time the Utah legislature reorganizes and renumbers certain titles in the Utah Code. This process is known as recodification. It’s ultimate goal is to increase clarity and usability in a code title. However, recodification often throws researchers for a loop when a familiar code section is now found somewhere else. For example, in 2008 the Judicial Code, Title 78, was recodified, creating Title 78A and 78B. This was a major recodification affecting many important provisions of the Utah Code and many researchers needed help finding the new or old code sections. Luckily, the Utah Legislature created (and continues to create for new recodifications) Recodification Tables that allow researchers to easily determine the new or old section numbers. This is a great tool for anyone dealing with a code section that has been recodified and will save you a lot of time and headache.
Tagsawards baseball Bloomberg Law budget cali Casemaker construction e-resources faculty research Fastcase final exams finals foreign law free funny google Hein Hunter Law Library ineffective assitance of counsel Inns of Court international law jobs legal research legal writing legislative history Lexis libguides Lincoln Loislaw low-cost no-nos rankings scanners SCOTUS SSRN standing statutory construction Summer research tips & advice treatises u.s. code U.S. Constitution unemployment benefits Utah Westlaw
- Utah Court of Appeals adopts standard for affidavits in actual innocence cases and issues eight other decisions
- 10th Circuit upholds approval of Utah’s cap and trade sulfur dioxide plan; holds Utah company has no liability coverage due to unambiguous pollution exclusion; and issues three other published opinions.
- Utah Supreme Court issues opinions on evidentiary privileges and ineffective assistance of counsel
- Utah Court of Appeals holds exclusionary rule does not apply in child welfare cases, that claim preclusion applies in civil stalking cases and issues six other decisions
- 10th Circuit panel finds no ineffective assistance when a futile argument is not made