Professor Shima Baradaran’s study, Predicting Violence, was recently cited in a Salt Lake Tribune article about Utah’s pretrial jail release program. Predicting Violence was published in the Texas Law Review earlier this year.
Tagsawards baseball Bloomberg Law budget cali Casemaker construction e-resources faculty research Fastcase final exams finals foreign law free funny google Hein Hunter Law Library ineffective assitance of counsel Inns of Court international law jobs legal research legal writing legislative history Lexis libguides Lincoln Loislaw low-cost no-nos rankings scanners SCOTUS SSRN standing stats Summer research tips & advice treatises u.s. code U.S. Constitution U.S. history Utah Westlaw
- 10th Circuit upholds approval of Utah’s cap and trade sulfur dioxide plan; holds Utah company has no liability coverage due to unambiguous pollution exclusion; and issues three other published opinions.
- Utah Supreme Court issues opinions on evidentiary privileges and ineffective assistance of counsel
- Utah Court of Appeals holds exclusionary rule does not apply in child welfare cases, that claim preclusion applies in civil stalking cases and issues six other decisions
- 10th Circuit panel finds no ineffective assistance when a futile argument is not made
- Utah Supreme Court holds premature notices of appeal do not divest district courts of jurisdiction