Finals are underway and everyone’s studying hard. But, all studiers need a break sometimes. If you want that break, but want to keep your mind in the legal realm you might want to check out Law and the Multiverse: Superheroes, Supervillains and the Law. This blog applies the law to fictional characters and situations, primarily from comic books. For example, you can read about whether Batman is a State Actor, Mutants and Anti-Discrimination Laws, and Ghostbusters and the EPA. The blog’s most recent post considers Bilbo Baggins’ Contract from The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Enjoy, but do get back to studying!
Tagsawards baseball Bloomberg Law budget cali Casemaker construction e-resources faculty research Fastcase final exams finals foreign law free funny google Hein Hunter Law Library ineffective assitance of counsel Inns of Court international law jobs legal research legal writing legislative history Lexis libguides Lincoln Loislaw low-cost no-nos rankings scanners SCOTUS SSRN standing statutory construction Summer research tips & advice treatises u.s. code U.S. Constitution unemployment benefits Utah Westlaw
- Utah Supreme Court upholds changes to initiative process; adopts pleading rule for breach of contract cases; issues two other decisions.
- Utah Court of Appeals adopts standard for affidavits in actual innocence cases and issues eight other decisions
- 10th Circuit upholds approval of Utah’s cap and trade sulfur dioxide plan; holds Utah company has no liability coverage due to unambiguous pollution exclusion; and issues three other published opinions.
- Utah Supreme Court issues opinions on evidentiary privileges and ineffective assistance of counsel
- Utah Court of Appeals holds exclusionary rule does not apply in child welfare cases, that claim preclusion applies in civil stalking cases and issues six other decisions